Peter Etteridge was born in Norfolk, England in 1956 moving to Luton, Bedfordshire, at the age of eleven where he currently lives. He completed courses in freelance photography and writing and combined employment with his freelance work over a period of more than thirty years.
His first picture was published in the Winter 1982 edition of ‘Bedfordshire Magazine’ and his first illustrated article published appeared in the July 1983 edition of Northamptonshire & Bedfordshire Life.
He became a regular contributor to Hertfordshire Countryside, with fifty five illustrated articles being published up to the final issue to be published by Beaumonde Publications in 2012, and has regularly contributed to County Life Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire County Life, and Cambridgeshire County Life.
Books by Peter Etteridge:
- Hertfordshire – A Captivating County
- Bedfordshire – A Beautiful County
- Cambridgeshire – A County of Contrasts
- Buckinghamshire. – An English County
- Northamptonshire – A County of Spires
- Oxfordshire – A Glorious County.
- Hertfordshire – A Fascinating County
He has contributed to a number of other publications, and to Alamy.
- This England
- Bedfordshire County Life Magazine
- County Life Hertfordshire
- Cambridgeshire County Life Magazine
- Hertfordshire Countryside
- Buckinghamshire Countryside
- Northamptonshire & Bedfordshire Life
- Cambridgeshire Life
- The Lady
- Air Pictorial
- Christian Herald
- Bedfordshire Magazine
- Inland Waterways Guide 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987
- Sussex Life
- Calendars, Desk Calendars, and Books
Peter Etteridge was duly elected a Member of The Royal Photographic Society on 28 July 1987.
Visit the RPS website at www.rps.org